Thursday, April 21, 2005

Forgive me, please, if I puke

"It keeps getting worse and worse," I said to Hubby a couple of weeks ago. That was back when it was first reported that Jessica Lunsford might have been held for several days by John Couey, her confessed kidnapper, rapist and murderer.

And worse it got with the latest news that Couey had buried Jessica alive.

Earlier this week Florida’s House of Representatives unanimously passed what's being dubbed the Jessica Lunsford Act. The Tallahassee Democrat reports the State Senate, fast-tracking the legislation, took "the House version of the bill instead of its own and made some toughening amendments that will send it back to the lower chamber today."

But there's always an elected idiot who just has to open their yap to prove just how stupid they really are:

Sen. Gary Siplin, D-Orlando, asked whether the state can do anything to rehabilitate sex offenders.

"I know something about human behavior," said Siplin, an attorney. "What are we doing with the sexual predators while they are incarcerated? It's more economical for us to get some sort of treatment for them in jail so they can overcome their weaknesses."
I’ll tell you what "treatment" I’d recommend for these wastes of oxygen that prey on children. It would definitely prove economical while helping them "overcome their weaknesses," permanently.

Toss ‘em in with the prison’s general population.

~~~~~~~
Welcome readers coming from Wizbang.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenna said...

Sounds like a plan to me.

10:51 AM  
Blogger Don said...

Toss ‘em in

I was gonna suggest that till you beat me to it. Give the guys shovels first, and turn your back for half an hour.

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home