Wednesday, March 29, 2006

One picture ... 10,000 words

Michelle Marquez (left), a student at Lamar Middle School in Irving was criticized for having a U.S. flag during an immigration protest at Kiest Park in Dallas. "My heart is with the Mexican flag and Mexico but I'm standing on American Ground and I'm Mexican-American," she said.

This is the image gracing the front page of my local mullet wrapper today. (Michelle Malkin has others.) The picture and caption (above) is from the Dallas Morning News. The caption from my paper (below) is different:

Michelle Marquez (left), 15, an eighth-grader in Irving, Texas, is taunted [Emphasis -- ed.] by other students for having a U.S. flag during a protest in Dallas. Thousands of youths across the nation protested for a second day against proposed legislation to toughen immigration laws.

I don't know if Michelle and her family are in the U.S. legally. I do have to give her credit, if she is an illegal alien, for carrying the American flag and having the respect to recognize, "I'm standing on American Ground." Brave, too, looking at the expressions of the people "criticizing" her.

It's been obvious from the start that rallies and marches weren't spontaneous, but it's only becoming known now who's actually behind them.

I wonder if Dubya and the Congresscritters pushing their amnesty for illegal aliens immigration reform agendas realize just how much the American public disagrees with them.

Perhaps if they looked at that picture of Michelle they'd understand, because that photograph expresses perfectly what the situation really is.

LATER: More at America In Distress

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home