Wednesday, May 18, 2005

I got the music in meme

Thanks a bunch, Paula.

Total volume of music files in my computer?

A whole 291 KB, and a couple of the tunes in there are Da Kid's. I'm not anti-music, just anti- music on this pc because of the poor sound quality.

The last CD I bought was:

Heart Like a Wheel, Linda Ronstadt. Really. First came the 8-track, then the album — (Album? Sure shows my age, doesn't it.) — next the cassette, and now the CD.

Song playing right now:
None. I can't work and listen to music at the same time. (And this was work!) Nothing gets done because music always wins.

Five songs I listen to a lot or that mean a lot to me (in no particular order).

Amazing Grace - Judy Collins. (It still gives me chills.)

Born to Run - Emmy Lou Harris. ("Nobody gonna make me do their things their way. By the time they figure it out it's yesterday. Well it comes to he who waits, I know, but I don't need it when I'm old and gray. Yeah, I want it today.")

The Star Spangled Banner - Whitney Houston (No one has ever sung it better or ever will.)

Ya Mama Don't Dance and Ya Daddy Don't Rock and Roll - Kenny Loggins (Beggeth Da Kid desperately and repeatedly years ago at an outdoor concert, "Mother! PLEASE SIT DOWN!")

I need a fifth song? Hmmmmmm... Dunno. Maybe this one?

Which 5 people are you passing this baton to, and why?

Like Jenna, I'm asking for volunteers.

6 Comments:

Blogger Paula said...

Yes, I love Whitney's SSB! LeeAnn Rimes does a good one, too.

I feel weird not having tons of music on my 'puter like other peeps, but I have a cabinet full of CDs, really I do.

5:06 PM  
Blogger Norma said...

I love Emmy Lou. Surprised she'd sing about "old and gray" since she was gray very young.

7:25 PM  
Blogger Deadman said...

Ever listen to Gram Parsons, Doyle?

8:43 PM  
Blogger doyle said...

Pure 'tude song, Norma. No one's ever gonna beat me.

I always blared that and A Cool Change back to back the night before another promotional exam.

Hubby and Da Kid fled as soon as they heard the combo, and I always came out Numero Uno on the list.

So, uh, are you volunteering, yes?

Please!

9:59 PM  
Blogger doyle said...

Mark: Ever listen to Gram Parsons

Some. I think what's most telling is with the little time he was around, the impact he had on others.

WARNING: I also like the Pointer Sisters. And show tunes.

I'll try anything, but reserve the right to pick and choose.

10:42 PM  
Blogger Deadman said...

I think GP and ELH did some stekllar duets. And she was an unknown before hooking up with the grievous Angels. Check out "we'll Swerep Out The Ashes In The Morning" if you haven't already. Also, "That's All It Toook". ;o)>

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home