Wednesday, August 17, 2005

We got the news today . . .

My blogging has been sporadic because "stuff" has been going on and I wasn't sure if I'd be able to put words together here about it. Words that made sense, anyway. Not that any of it does.

A respectable blogger wouldn't add and then backdate entries. But I think those of you who know me will understand.

The news we got today is that Tank is Stage V a. Stage five lymphoma means it's all through him, including in his bone marrow. The a indicates that while all hell has broken loose, he's asymptomatic. In other words, I guess, he's not in the extreme situation of barfing and shitting himself inside out.

The other news today is, for right now, he's in remission.

A Roller Coaster

Week One

Week Two will be added when I can finally figure out my splatter.

Later: The only way I can even start figuring it out is to begin breaking it into parts.


Week Two - Part One

Week Two - Part Two (We begin)

Week Two - Part Three

Also Later: Thank you, all of you.

Tank is having good spells and some that aren't but he's much better than he was. He's actually been perky a couple of times. It's a crap shoot. There are no guarantees.

Each chemical (it's all rough stuff that's taking a lot out of him) has a different set of warning signs that indicates he's not tolerating which.ever. His ability to heal is depressed. When Dr. LaDue removed the staples from where the lymph node had been removed . . . well, the staples are back in and he's since developed fluid there and is on antibiotics.

When I saw the swelling and pointed it out to Hubby he wanted me to rush Tank to . . . he wasn't sure where but he had to be seen by someone!

Instead, I called Dr. LaDue's office and had a call back within 30 minutes. "You know that swelling I was told to look out for in case it happened? Yep. No. No. My vet's office would be better. Okay, thanks."

I picked up the antibiotics 45 minutes later AT Doc's.

May they all be this easy.

~~~~~~~~~~
This week is Week Three.

3 Comments:

Blogger Paula said...

Oh, poor doggy. I hope you can keep him comfortable for a long time.

2:30 AM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Damn. Just ... damn.

My sympathies, D.

10:53 AM  
Blogger pamibe said...

Just hell. As one who lives with a 12 year old furkid, I know how precious these days are anyway, but throw in a disease... I'm so sorry...!

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home