Thursday, January 27, 2005

I'm a "Flippery Fish"!

Bouncing around the blogosphere, I've noticed several blogs with a proclamation in their sidebar that they're classified as some sort of strangedly-named life form. Some were kinda cute, too, like "Marauding Marsupials" but I didn't think too much about it. I was having too much trouble just trying to keep up with what little I understood about HTML. (Which is a lot more than I used to, thanks to Jenna, my Blogmama.) because I kept (and keep) blowing stuff up.

It wasn't until Sissy (I really do need to remember to add a link. Her photography is stunning.) mentioned that her Ecosystem numbers weren't being compiled correctly, that I began to suspect it was some sort of a ranking system. I looked and found out that's exactly what it is.

I ended up with a headache trying to comprehend the section on what is counted in determining each blog's rank, and said the heck with it. And once again, I'd also screwed up the sidebar.

Anyway, I decided to look at Ecosystem again yesterday (Obviously, I'm a masochist) and got a little carried away. I know this because the next thing I knew, I'd generated the script to add to my template.

Cut & paste. How hard could that be, right? You forgot, I'm me.

Half of the text ended up where it was supposed to be; the rest appeared superimposed over the title of what I'd last blogged about. The only way to get rid of that was to delete the script I'd added. So I added it and deleted it several times. Same thing. I finally said the heck with it. I didn't really care about any dumb rankings, anyway.

About 2 ayem I woke up and thought, paragraphs? Jenna had explained that coding a long time ago, and I wondered . . .

Well glory be! Slipped it in earlier today and thar ya go! And gosh, it even turns out I'm a "Flippery Fish"!

I'm proud!

(And a different set of stats, too, 'cause when I clicked my "life form" classification, what to my wondering eyes did appear.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute stuff. Thanks for the mention.

Sissy
http://sisu/typepad.com

9:41 AM  
Blogger Jenna said...

I'm an "Insignifican Microbe."

Ah, well. At least my "blog child" is moving up the food chain. I'm proud of you, too.

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home