Saturday, July 09, 2005

Hurricane Bloggers

Checking online reports during last year's hurricane season, I stumbled across my first Florida Blogger reporting on local preparations, evacuations, weather conditions and linking to others in the state who were likewise reporting. When one stopped blogging either because they'd evacuated or had lost power, others not only continued providing news from their own area but in several cases, filed reports they'd gotten over the telephone from those who'd had to shut down or were cut off.

That's one of the reasons for the list of Florida Bloggers in my sidebar.

It's cloudy here with a steady breeze but then again, I'm not in Dennis's path. No rain yet but we should start getting some later today with a lot more tonight and tomorrow.

Boudicca, who lives in South Florida did the smart thing when the evacuation order came in. She's "Gone".

Joe, who like me is out of Dennis's path, links to and explains a tracking map developed and used by the Navy.

Pam, who says she's always hated the name Dennis, remembers another monster storm, and it isn't any of last year's.

Eye of the Storm, as always, is on top of every advisory issued.

And Perla in Pensacola Beach waits.

1 Comments:

Blogger pamibe said...

Totally off the subject, but every time I come here one memory in particular assails my senses... A day -one of many- spent out on a lake atop a Hobie... It was alternately still then we'd have whitecaps... The pressure changes passed over/through us so fast... It was just one of those days that are special... You know?

So. That's what I'm reminded of each time I click through, for what it's worth. ;)

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home