Thursday, June 30, 2005

Their lips are moving

When drilling for oil in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge was finally approved last May, I zoomed in on how little of ANWR was involved, and that it only affected a small portion (2000 acres or 3.l3 spare miles) of its "pristine" Coastal Plain.

I linked to an article written by National Reviews's Jonah Goldberg. Unlike those yammering constantly against drilling in ANWR because it would wreck this "untouched" wilderness he'd been there, and described the area -- I think quite justifiably -- as a "horror." A "hellhole."

Which might explain why it's remained "untouched"?

Although drilling has been approved, the Lefty-Loons and Enviro-whackjobs aren't done yet. They're ranting and raving about how it will adversely affect the Caribou and the Gwich'in Eskimo who depend on them for their very lives.

Just one of the problems is that the Gwich'in Eskimo don't even live there. The tribal lands of the 1,000 Gwich'in in Alaska is outside of the drilling area. The other 6,000 Gwich'in are in Canada.

It's a long story, far better explained here by The Center for Individual Freedom.

2 Comments:

Blogger Paula said...

Oh, but I am *so* glad the Bolsa Chica freaks fought so hard to keep our swamp, I mean wetlands, out of the hands of Evil Developers cuz, you know, I just loves me some MOSQUITOES. Yeah, the thought of our high property values will comfort us as we die from West Nile virus...

6:10 PM  
Blogger doyle said...

You wanna-be tree hugger! Donchoo know it's environmentally-sensitive wetland.

Sheesh!

And mosquitoes? Ours are big enough to shoot, which is another reason why I support the right of individuals to own guns.

BLAM!

Just got me another one.

Know where I can get a good deal on a Gatling gun?

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home