Monday, February 20, 2006

We get mail!

I received an email from Robin Koerner, one of the co-founder's of Watching America. After explaining its purpose and pointing to this article about it from The Christian Science Monitor, Robin asked me to take a look and if I liked what I saw, to please consider linking to it.

I went one better. I added them to my sidebar, too.

CSM article notes:

While the Internet has made access to foreign media only a click away, what makes WatchingAmerica.com especially powerful is its translations of foreign-language news into English.. . .

[N]ews organizations such as Al Jazeera put out different material for an English-speaking audience than for an Arabic-speaking audience. With this website, "you're getting to see what, in some cases, your enemies are saying to each other in their own languages about you," Koerner says. "That gives you insights which you cannot get from what they offer in English."
Watching America goes beyond the far better known Memri, by also providing translations from languages the latter doesn't cover.

Give 'em a look and if you think them worthwhile, a link, too.

2 Comments:

Blogger pamibe said...

Thanks for the heads up, it makes for very interesting reading!

8:57 AM  
Blogger ABFreedom said...

Cool... thanks, I'll check them out ...

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home