Saturday, February 25, 2006

Who knows

The telephone company spends a lot of time doing stuff at the big box on the corner. They've been spending even more time there than usual the last few days.

Then, my ISP becomes finicky. I could get through and then, nope.

Next, "The Beast" (my pc) starts acting funny. Running out of resources, freezing up. Rebooting itself. The dreaded Blue Screen of Death.

Not to be outdone, Blogger decides when I hit PUBLISH, it won't. It says it has but nothing new appears. It's there on the EDIT list! I pull it up and click PUBLISH again. Nope.

None of the problems have been steady. It's been more like ordering a combo platter at a Chinese Restaurant: one from Column A and something else from Column B, with no idea what it is or when it might appear . . . but knowing something definitely will.

Saturday is my day to make sure everything has either automagically updated during the week, update applications (like anti-spyware and anti-bot that I won't give automatic permissions to), clean out cookies, back-up, run a virus scan just as an added precaution . . .

When I went to Windoze Update to see if there were any critical updates, it wouldn't scan The Beast to check because according to the message on the screen, my clock may be off.

It wasn't. It isn't. Still, it wouldn't scan replying with only the same message.

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MANY TIMES I'VE NOW CHECKED THAT FREAKIN' CLOCK?

Oops. Sorry. I didn't mean to yell. I'm just a little frustrated AND totally confused especially after Technorati reported I haven't updated this blog for over 13,000 days.

Let me think about that for just a second. Thirteen thousand something-or-other divided by 365 and a quarter is . . .

Everything seems to be working fine now. I think. Who knows.

So, I'm gonna hit PUBLISH and if this shows up.

2 Comments:

Blogger GUYK said...

Blogger keeps having more and more bad hair days. I wonder if they want us to find another servers or something?

7:07 PM  
Blogger ABFreedom said...

Biggest problems I have is with ISP's and blogger being flakey. Very rarely have computer problems, but I have a gig of ram, and use Macs. Can't afford the time required to operate windows based systems.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home