Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Tagged

Norma tagged me with the question "What's on your nightstand?

My nightstand is mine. It's old. Something Hubby spotted broken and tossed when he was into a refinishing eons ago. Maybe 12 by 12 and three foot high and put back together again, it's real-wood solid.

On its top is the remote control to the TV in the bedroom I'm seldom awake long enough to watch.

The first shelf below the nightstand's top holds various stacked things: awards, testimonials, commendations, framed stuff. Things from my former life as a civil slave. Except for throwing it all out, I don't know what else to do with that stuff except stick it there. And I don't throw it out because some of it still brings back good memories.

The next shelf down has the book with aerial surveys and soil analysis, and my folder with the flood-prone zones and . . . well, lotsa other stuff on the 15 acres in the next county that Hubby and I bought 10+ years ago.

So far, the bottom shelf has remained empty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home