Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Dear Spammer,

Thank you for stopping by. I enjoyed your visit.

You see, because you had to hand key whatever the coding script was (and I betcha it blew up on you a couple of time like it does for . . . even me) in order to publish your reply, I know it took far more time for you to leave your load of URLs than it did for me to delete it.

I always wonder, too, why spammers like your employer think that their "advertisements" — riddled with spelling errors and bad grammar as they always are — inspire so much confidence in the company you're working for, that people will click on the URLs you so thoughtfully provide, in order to part with their hard-earned rupees dollars for whatever they're shilling .

But, I digress.

Although it's obvious that English is not the first language of whoever wrote the scripts you cut and pasted, I do commend their efforts. It was close.

Did I say scripts? As in more than one?

Why yes, I did!

You see, dear Spammer, you were supposed to select the most appropriate script , then cut and paste that one and that one only.

Not cut and paste ALL of them.

So thank you, dear Spammer, for my perverse laugh of the day.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger ABFreedom said...

You could install Haloscan to get rid of them, but you'll lose all your previous comments.

10:42 PM  
Blogger GUYK said...

I have haloscan and like it. For one thing it stops a lot of the spammers and for the other I can edit a trolls venom to throw the venom right back in his face

9:27 AM  
Blogger doyle said...

I thought about going to Haloscan several times, the most recent time when I started getting hit with spam. It wasn't much but obviously increasing. Blogspot's addition of comment verification eliminated almost all of it, except for the rare one, like that ijjit yesterday. Trolls haven't been a big problem, either. (Watch, now I'll probably get overrun.)

I've got something for you AB. You don't have to lose your old comments. See:

QUICK AND PAINLESS GUIDE TO ADDING HALOSCAN COMMENTS WHILE KEEPING YOUR OLD BLOGGER COMMENTS VISIBLE - UPDATED 5-24-05

http://badexample.mu.nu/archives/072200.php

Harvey's got a lot of good stuff like that.

6:29 PM  
Blogger ABFreedom said...

Sure ... now they come out with a fix.... sheesh .. lol

Thanks, I will pass it on to anyone I come across that's switching.

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home