Friday, May 04, 2007

Decisions. Decisions.

I'm glad -- thrilled even -- that I grilled that batch of chicken wings yesterday for dinner 'cause I don't know how I could possibility do that today, now that I know what today, May 4, is.

You mean you don't know! Shame on you!

Today is International Respect for Chicken's Day!
United Poultry Concerns is pleased to announce our Third Annual International Respect for Chickens Day, May 4. We urge everyone to do an ACTION of compassion for chickens that day - from writing a letter to the editor to tabling at a local mall to showing the movie Chicken Run to going vegan - for life.

What are people doing for chickens on International Respect for Chickens Day?

"I'm planning to leaflet at an outdoor concert." - Laura Mungavin, Atlanta, Ga.

"The Chickens of the World Need Your Help" the organization's website . . . uh, crows?

Oops. Sorry about that. Wrong kinda bird. Anyway . . .

"We want to restore chickens to their leafy green world," says Karen Davis, president of United Poultry Concerns.

I'm willing to help out, but I haven't quite decided in which way yet.

Do I fix a chicken pasta salad and put it in a bed of lettuce, or toss a boneless skinnless chicken breast on the grill and then snuggle it in some lemon-seasoned, steamed broccoli?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm... Both sound wonderful...! I'm having chicken salad sandwiches. :D

8:15 PM  
Blogger doyle said...

With lettuce on the sandwiches, I certainly hope, to help return the chicken to its "leafy green world."

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home