Wednesday, October 03, 2007

FYI

"I'm Jim Broussard," he said, "and I took this flag down in honor of my country with … a knife from the United States Army. I'm a veteran, I'm not going to see this done to my country. If they want to fight us, then they need to be men, and they need to come and fight us. But I want somebody to fight me for this flag. They're not going to get it back." -- WorldNetDaily

The flag Broussard is holding, the one he's daring "somebody" to try to take away from him, is the American Flag.

He also cut down and left on the ground the Mexican flag a shop owner in Reno, Nevada, was flying over it.

The American Crazy Lawyers Union has issued a statement that contrary to media reports covering this story that flying another country's flag over our own is NOT illegal.

Newsbusters disagrees with the ACLU and even provides the citation to back it up.

Not surprisingly, Hispanic leaders in Reno are trying to get the bar's Mexican owner to file charges against Broussard.

I don't think Broussard has anything to worry about, since I just saw him interviewed by Neil Cavuto, with an attorney already at his side, who seems to agree with Newsbusters.

~~~~~

Correction (10-05-07): The person appearing with Broussard was talk radio host Bill Manders.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger pamibe said...

Good for him! Wonder if he has funds for the attorney or if it's pro bono based on the amount of publicity involved? I'd chip in a few dollars to his defense fund if needed!

8:12 AM  
Blogger doyle said...

I don't know if Broussard has the money to hire an attorney, if the lawyer was working pro bono or if perhaps someone else might have picked up the tab.

Broussard didn't say much during the interview, the attorney doing most of the talking. He -- meaning the lawyer -- looked glad to be there. Very low key, but smiling much like a shark would that's prepared to chomp.

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home