Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Damn.

"Today I have withdrawn my candidacy for President of the United States. I hope that my country and my party have benefited from our having made this effort. Jeri and I will always be grateful for the encouragement and friendship of so many wonderful people." -- Fred Thompson

That leave me with . . .

John McCain? You've got to be joking!

Mike Huckabee? Like hell!

Ron Paul? The President must not only has to be a citizen of the United States but native born. That eliminates him. (Scroll down.)

. . . deciding between Mitt or Rudy on January 29.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger pamibe said...

I'm going with Mitt. Don't like Rudy on guns and abortion. [sigh] It's like picking the least bruised pear...

7:53 PM  
Blogger doyle said...

"...the least bruised pear." What an absolutely perfect description. With me it's the ick factor.

Romney's been my second choice ... until I recall the first two debates. He talked like a walking tape recorder the first one, saying slight variations of the exact same thing again and again and compared himself to Ronald Reagan 423,897,312 times. (I'm exaggerating a bit on the number, but not by much.)

ICK!

He was a little better during the second debate, but there was this danged curl in the middle of his forehead for the first part of it that kept distracting me, because all I kept thinking was, square jaw, dark curl ... JC on a boxcar! He wants us to think he's Superman?!

ICK!

Then came Rudy (third debate, I think) who completely mischaractized several things that had been in the news quite a while back involving Romney, and I found myself seriously seeing Rudy as simply another run-of-the-mill politician who'll say anything whether it's true or not (like Hillary) just to get elected .

ICK!

With only those two left to choose from, I'm going to have to go with Mitt, too.

sigh

It's back to voting for the "the least bruised pear."

6:01 PM  
Blogger GUYK said...

Yeah, I reckon it is Mitt although it makes me want to puke

10:46 AM  
Blogger Norma said...

Mitt. Too much baggage for Rudy.

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home