Thursday, January 17, 2008

You never call me.

Is it something I did?

You used to call me all the time. Several times a day, sometimes. Even if I was doing something important, I'd stop and we'd talk.

Your friends haven't stopped calling me.

(Why have you?)

Just last night the phone rang. When I grabbed the receiver (hoping it might be you), all your friend wanted was my opinion about a possible petition on the January 29 Florida ballot. Another friend of yours called me over the weekend asking what radio stations I listened to.

But, you don't call.

You haven't called me in almost two months, and then it was only just that once since ... since I don't remember when.

(Was it something I said? Did you want me to lie to you?)

When you called and asked who I liked, I said Fred. And you haven't called me since.

I know you're talking to other people all the time.

Why not me?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger pamibe said...

Both Rudy and Ron Paul's campaigns have phoned me, but Fred's hasn't. Him, I'd listen to instead of hanging up....

7:50 AM  
Blogger doyle said...

Rudy doesn't call me. He's written, though. Several times. So has the GOP.

I wondered if I was being to subtle, Pam. You just confirmed that I was. Or probably just plain ol' confusing.

My lament isn't that campaigns aren't contacting me. It's that except for that one automated call, no one doing all these danged political polls that the media keeps reporting on has.

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home