Saturday, December 22, 2007

Grinch!

That's what you can call me. No problemo! I.have.had.it!!!

Everything's wrapped. No, it's not but as wrapped as it's gonna get. I already told Da Kid there's one present for him and Herself I ain't gonna wrap, ‘cause I ain't gonna try to left that bleeeeeeepidy-bleeeeeeepidy-bleeeeeeep-bleep thing again. He thinks he knows what it is, but it ain't.

Meanwhile, Herself and I got him both things he'd "hinted" at, one for Christmas and the other thing for his birthday on the 26th. Not that he's expecting both. Which is good ‘cause he's not getting either one. He will, eventually, ‘cause they're paid for just not here. Here-here. Or there-there meaning their house.

No, they're both still at the warehouse which is where Herself was supposed to get them from yesterday while I kept Da Kid busy. Which I did. But the arrangements Herself made with someone who has a truck fell through so both items are still ... there. At the warehouse there. Which is where they're gonna stay ‘til Da Kid goes over with HIS truck to get them himself!

BAH!

I turned on the radio thinking some nice Christmas music would improve my mood. But I can't find a station playing any.

Whether AM or FM my choices are rock, hard rock, acid rock, classic rock, country-western, any number of people screaming Come-to-Jesus sermons in ebonics, Southern Baptist , or Spanish, and a trial lawyer talking to some woman who wants to know how she can sue her surgeon ‘cause her breast implants turned out lopsided.

If there's one good thing today, I went to the grocery store for my very last trip before Christmas. Thee last! That's it! I won't have to go again ‘til after. I REFUSE!

I'm not crazy. I'm NOT!

It was bad enough today (CRASH! BANG! BOOM!) with people smashing into each other, running over each other with their buggies. One woman blocked a display (and the entire aisle) while the man with her shoveled armloads of batteries into their cart.

With that much, panic buying you would have thought a CAT 5 hurricane was coming in.

I'll be in a better mood tomorrow. I will! Tomorrow's baking day. Just me and the mixer getting stuff baked to take over to Herself's parents' house Christmas Day ...

Oh no.

Awwww shit.

I forgot to buy eggs.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger NICKEL said...

Merry Christmas.

5:43 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Heh. Nothing's wrapped at my house, but at least it's all bought. Except for the corn-on-the-cob and the broccolli spears John's picking up on the way home from work today, since we forgot them Saturday.

But the sad thing is, my dad said "Surprise me," when we asked what he wanted, so we got him a lump of coal (as a gag gift) - and now we can't give it to him.

Because Wal-Mart was BAD Saturday night, and wouldn't accept our check because the bank was already closed (WTF? "We're sorry sir, this is for your protection, we can't confirm your identity"), sowe had to get my sister to drive Daddy to meet us so he could pay for everything with his credit card and we gave him the check.

Not a pleasant feeling, but thank God that I have parents who can and will do that for me.

Hang in there. It'll all be over with in two days.

3:57 PM  
Blogger doyle said...

The baking is baked and all other sundry details done. I even found a radio station that for at least today (and tomorrow, I'm sure) is playing Christmas carols.

I am un-grinched.

Merry Christmas everyone.

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home