Thursday, November 03, 2005

POOF! It's gone!

After watching Intelligence Committee Chairman Pat Roberts react to the stunt pulled by Moe, Larry and Curley Reid, Schumer and Durbin the other day, I asked if anyone found a transcript of what Roberts had said, to please drop a link to it in replies.

Billo replied this morning with a link to an offical press release Roberts had issued. It read to me either exactly what Roberts had said on television, or pretty darned close to it.

I sat down to update my original entry with it (and thank Bill, of course) except the link didn't work any longer. 404. No matching document.

Okay, maybe it had been moved to a more permanent site with the rest of the senator's press releases. (Like I know?) So, I went looking for a listing of all of the senator's press releases and found that page with no problem.


And there was the press release!

November 1, 2005 - Chairman Roberts Issues Statement on Phase II of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence's Review of Pre-war Intelligence on Iraq

I clicked on the link.

It's 404.

POOF! That press release is gone!

There's an audio link still there that apparently still works, for now maybe. Who knows. Since I'm on dial-up and have an old PC, the 35 minute download time indicated wasn't worth my while since:

  1. I do believe I heard Senator Roberts live, and
  2. I wouldn't know what to do with the file anyway.
Perhaps the link to the press release will work again tomorrow?

2 Comments:

Blogger Crazy Politico said...

It's back up on that page.

8:06 PM  
Blogger doyle said...

It's never been off the page, Crazy Politico. The problem is that when you click on the link in order to see what the press release says, the statement Roberts issued is gone. Click on it and see.

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home